Am Sonntag, 23. Juni 2002 19:26 schrieb Gabriel Rodr=EDguez Alberich: > El Dom 23 Jun 2002 18:35, Charles de Miramon escribi=F3: > > I'm the French translator of kc kde#39. > > Hi, I'm the Spanish one. I just subscribed to the list. > > > Could the team responsible for the > > English version be careful not to insert too long extracts of e-mails= =2E It > > is a painless job for you to cut and paste but a hard one for me to > > translate it afterwards, especially when the e-mail is written in bog= ey > > English. > > That's true. I sometimes have to sweat blood to catch some pieces of > obscure hacker slang, but I'm usually saved by the holy context. > > > For example, I would like to point # 5 of kde #39 (humm... humm > > Juergen), the extract of Scott Wheeler's mail is much too long for th= e > > information contained in it and there are sentences that make no sens= e > > (at least to me) > > > > : 'I'm not trying to comandere this thing' > > I think I've got this one. "Comandere" looks like "command" or italian > "comandare", both meaning "lead", which pretty fits into its context. > > > ... 'I may start looking into > > writing something to write kvtml'. > > I think he means that he wanna code something which can write (and not = only > read) kvtml formatted files. > > > Please edit the e-mails to keep only the most informative part (as a = rule > > of thumb I would say no more than 10-20 lines) and summarize the rest= , > > reread the extracts to make sure they are understandable out of conte= xt > > and you will make your faithful translator happy. > > That would make me happy too :-) I will address to that :) Honestly, I did not understand everything eithe= r=20 because he went into the technical part of his ideas, thus I did not know= =20 which information is crucial for coders and what is.. not so important, s= o I=20 posted his lenghty email in the whole. But you're right, I did not think=20 about the translators in this very moment :( You re probably happy to hear that the next 3 articles I'm on are short n= =20 sweet. thank you for your hard work, Juergen. _______________________________________________ kc-kde mailing list kc-kde@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kc-kde