List:       juniper-nsp
Subject:    Re: [j-nsp] what is the frag meaning? and firewall, backspace
From:       Ben Dale <bdale () comlinx ! com ! au>
Date:       2010-11-25 21:35:02

Deric,

If you are after assistance, perhaps some description around the type of device and \
software you are using would be helpful?

From your output it looks like you are running ScreenOS on either a Netscreen or an \
SSG.  I would ignore the frag output, as I seem to have it on several boxes as well \
and they are all running fine.

The firewall is always "on" on a ScreenOS-based box, but how well it's working comes \
down to what security policies you have configured.

There is no command that does exactly what "ipfw -a list" does, but using a \
combination of:

get policy

to show all configured security policies and

get policy id x

to show any log or counter hits will achieve the same result.

Use ^H (that's control-H) for backspace in ScreenOS, or re-map it in your terminal \
program of choice.

Backspace not working in ScreenOS terminal by default is an issue that affects \
everyone and raises almost as many questions as "How do I configure default \
information originate" and "Why does load-balance per-packet do per-flow \
load-balancing" do in Junos.

Ben