List:       jedit-users
Subject:    [ jEdit-users ] Mapping remote to local filenames
From:       "Dennis Hotson" <dennis.hotson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-29 23:51:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi All,

I'm using jEdit on windows, but I often edit files on a remote server using
either the SSH plugin or via Samba.

Often I want to be able to copy a file name from a putty terminal and open
that file in jEdit.
Is there a way that jEdit can figure out that /home/dhotson/svn/blah.php is
actually located at R:\svn\blah.php or even
sftp://dhotson@server/home/dhotson/svn/blah.php
?

Is there a way to map remote to local file paths like this? A plugin
perhaps?

- Dennis Hotson