List:       jedit-users
Subject:    [ jEdit-users ] Inline Images/Widgets in TextArea
From:       Wildemar Wildenburger <wildemar () freakmail ! de>
Date:       2007-10-23 11:29:03

Hello there :)

Is it possible to include images and (maybe) other widgets right inside
the TextArea? I think that would be an awesome feature. My main
motivation for this is having something like AUCTeX's preview-latex
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html>. But inline
images to me seem useful for any sort of document. Inline widgets seem a
nice addition (and could come for free with the images maybe).

I've considered writing a plugin or a patch, but as I've just started
learning Java, I find the API docs a little overwhelming. So I would
appreciate someone more knowledgable about jEdit share some insights as
to the feasability of such an idea.

Any other comments welcome as well.

/W