List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Bugs-3032127 ] Create new project
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-08-25 8:52:40

Plugin Bugs item #3032127, was opened at 2010-07-20 17:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by real_clang
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=565475&aid=3032127&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If I open up jEdit as a fresh install (new settings folder), install ProjectViewer \
and try to create a project from it, the dockable doesn't update; the new project is \
simply not listed. There's a warning in the activity log:

10:13:03 AM [AWT-EventQueue-0] [warning] ProjectViewerConfig: Cannot read config \
file.

and a notice a couple lines after:

10:13:03 AM [AWT-EventQueue-0] [notice] ProjectManager: Converting old ProjectViewer \
configuration...

Restarting jEdit at this point fixes it and it shows up in the dockable, but not \
until then.

Comment By: roeme (real_clang)
Date: 2010-08-25 10:52

Message:
Can reproduce. ProjectViewer works correctly for me only when being a
Floating Instance. When docked, creating or switchting Projects doesn't
work. Workaround would be to dock/undock every time, but that makes
ProjectViewer unusable for me :(

Comment By: Marcelo Vanzin (vanza)
Date: 2010-08-09 00:01

Message:
I can't reproduce this on Ubuntu either. I'm assuming you're using the
default dock manager and a Sun JVM...

Comment By: Damien (kog13)
Date: 2010-07-26 16:49

Message:
It must be a problem with my laptop and/or openSUSE, since I can't
reproduce the problem anymore on my work computer w/ XP. =/

Comment By: Damien (kog13)
Date: 2010-07-25 16:29

Message:
I think I narrowed it down a little bit. I can get it to work fine if I go
to Global Options -> Docking and dock the ProjectViewer window to one side
before I open it. When I do it this way, it opens fine, I can create a
project, and it updates successfully.

But, when I try to open the dockable as a floating window, it crashes
jEdit, with the dockable being a ridiculously large undecorated blank
window.

Also, when I tried to float the window from its position on the left, I
get this exception: "java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: ProjectViewer
does not support multiple instances per view."

It just doesn't like being a floating instance, I guess...

Comment By: Damien (kog13)
Date: 2010-07-25 06:07

Message:
I actually got some stranger behavior when reproducing it (different
operating system, which may be the cause, but I'm not sure). This is on
openSUSE 11.2, jEdit 4.3.2 w/ Java 1.6.0_20, downloading ProjectViewer
3.0.1.

I run jEdit with a clean settings folder (jedit -settings=.j), go to the
download manager and install ProjectViewer. What I've noticed is that the
"cannot read config file" message is printed when the ProjectViewer plugin
menu is displayed, and now I can't even open the dockable successfully. I
can create a new project by using the item in the plugin menu, but
attempting to open the dockable causes jEdit to freeze. Although now, it
freezes even after forcing jEdit to quit and restarting it.

This is really weird, since my existing jEdit setup has no problems
opening the dockable. =/

I'll look into it some more, but I have no idea what could be causing
this. When I go to work on Monday I'll test it again on XP and see what
behavior I get there.

Comment By: Marcelo Vanzin (vanza)
Date: 2010-07-25 03:26

Message:
I can't reproduce this. I can create projects just fine with a blank
settings directory, and the dockable updates just fine. I also don't get
the message about converting old configuration.

Are you sure you're starting from a really new settings directory?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-atom-d2d