List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-devel ] Search/replace in directory - open all files?
From:       "Nicholas O'Leary" <nick.oleary () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-29 19:57:12

Whilst I am loathe to suggest it, it seems the only way you are going
to have behaviour that everyone understands and likes is to make the
behaviour user-definable. Maybe a check-box in the dialog (which is
enabled when a directory search is done), that controls whether the
files are opened or not.

I know we want to avoid interface clutter, but I don't think
overloading the hypersearch checkbox as the open-files checkbox is a
good idea.

Cheers,