List:       jboss-user
Subject:    Re: [JBoss-user] tomcat _and_ jetty in the same jboss container?
From:       Jules Gosnell <jules () mortbay ! com>
Date:       2003-04-14 8:54:05

Brent Verner wrote:

><alert type="neophyte" />
>
>  I'd like to run both the tomcat and jetty serlvet containers inside
>of the same jboss instance.
>
>  Using 3.0.7, I've tried adding the jbossweb.sar to the
>jboss-tomcat's deploy directory, then tried to add the
>tomcat41-service.xml file to jboss-jetty's deploy dir.  Both
>attempts end in often-bizarre failure.  Of course, I configured
>each service's configuration (to the best of my knowledge)
>to avoid network resource conflicts.
>
>  Is this configuration possible?  If so, would some kind soul
>post a brief overview (with configs if significant changes are
>required)?
>
>thanks.

Last time I looked into this it was non-trivial to run more than one
Deployer, which is what you really need, so you can have a deploy dir
for each Jetty/Tomcat instance...

The situation may have changed - this was a while ago...

If you do get them hooked into the same JBoss, you will need to make
sure that they don't both try to get the same ports...

Jules