List:       jboss-user
Subject:    RE: [JBoss-user] obtaining local ref to MBeanServer
From:       "Alex Sumner" <alex.sumner () business-agility ! com>
Date:       2003-04-11 20:49:34

Will do, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: jboss-user-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:jboss-user-admin@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Scott M
Stark
Sent: 11 April 2003 20:27
To: jboss-user@lists.sourceforge.net

The jmx-rmi-adaptor.sar is a basic RMI server so yes, its
calling through the RMI stack regardless. There is another
adaptor service, jmx-invoker-adaptor-server.sar which
provides the same RMIified MBeanServer interface, bound
under jmx/invoker/RMIAdaptor by default, which does use the
same RMI invoker as EJBs and should be able to optmize in vm
calls. I have not looked at its internals as yet so I can't
say for sure its configuring the proxy to allow for this
so test it.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark

Alex Sumner wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I presume the RMI variant will have an overhead, or is the "remote"
> invocation optimized away, as for a local call to an EJB remote
> interface?

debugger
for complex code. Debugging C/C++ programs can leave you feeling lost
and
disoriented. TotalView can help you find your way. Available on major
UNIX