List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [JDEV] conference room creation with MUC
From:       David Sutton <jabber () dsutton ! legend ! uk ! com>
Date:       2002-11-28 5:30:40

Hi all,

  I am looking into this whenever I can find a moment - i'm just also trying to
fix another issue with MU-Conference at the same time.

  Call for Information:

     Can people let me know what version of GCC and Libc that they compiled
     MU-Conference with? I'm testing a theory. Please let me know how the
     code is behaving.

Regards,

  David

Quoting Rob Davis <lists@solarismedia.co.uk>:

> OK - I've written a room config form parser and here's where i've now
> got up to:
>
> If I create the room by sending presence to it (as with the original
> group chat protocol) and then request the config form by <iq> "get",
> parse
> it, write the response form, alter the values as required, send it back
> by <iq> "set" - it seems to work (except for note about public below).
>
> However, if I don't send presence to the room first (as I need to do -
> this is why I am using MUC) and I send an <iq> "get" request for the
> room config form, the form arrives not as an <iq> "result" but as an <x>
> element within a normal <message>. If I now parse the form as before,
> and sent my <iq> "set" command to change the form values.... it doesn't
> work!! (Though i do get an <iq>  "result" back).
>
> If I alternatively put the form into a <message> back to the server with
> the new data in an <x> element (mimicking the format of the server
> response), I get the form back with an error 403 "Forbidden".
>
> So, basically, if I want to create the room using the new config forms
> _only_, as one can do according to JEP45, it does not seem to work as
> expected. (According to the JEP, one should get an <iq> "result" not a
> <message> in response to the <iq> "get" request).
>
> Hoping to get there eventually!
>
> Rob

David Sutton
jid: peregrine@jabber.sys.legend.net.uk