List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] Re: Debian package for jabberd2
From:       Stephen Marquard <scm () marquard ! net>
Date:       2004-11-30 11:15:52

Jerome Vandenabeele wrote:
> Hi Sander,
>
> You can fetch my jabberd2's packages using
> deb http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uhaxk/debian experimental/
> It's 2.0s5
> In debian experimental there is too jabberd2, but 2.0s4;)
>
> BTW: If your using pipe auth in c2s, it's broken I think, but I haven't a lot a
> time to check it this morning.

If the pipe auth script uses CHECK-PASSWORD or SET-PASSWORD, 2.0s5 now
passes these base64-encoded (which I think was the original design but
wasn't done correctly prior to 2.0s5). So the solution is to base64
decode the password in the script, or you can always just patch -R

http://www.marquard.net/jabber/patches/patch-pipe-pwdencoding

to get back to the old behaviour.

Regards
Stephen