List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] [as SSL hosts] some experiences with Ispman +++
From:       Tarjei Huse <tarjei () nu ! no>
Date:       2003-11-01 12:12:24

Thanks, that sounds like a nice solution.

Btw, I've got my setup running now with a backported version of
ALTVHOSTS to REL_1_0 so I can set up hosts on different ports and with
diffrent configuration profiles that are handled by including different
template profiles.

Everything is now working very nicely.

Something I also got working is strong authentication using Openldap and
the ldapdb SASL auxprop. I can offer some help if someone else is
considering this. (Tony, maybe for your howto?). This made SMTP AUTH a
dream to set up.

Also, I have managed to get this integrated with the Midgard CMS suite.
There is a lot of work to be done on that side though, but that will
have to wait.

Also, does anyone have any experience to share in regard of encrypting
FTP? I've been considering to move all ftp sessions to TLS, but I'm
wondering if this a bit too hard on my users.

The last thing I want to say is that I would like to have an extra
serveres tab i configuration. I often want to add servers that will need
a password and a username to logon to the ldap server. I do not want to
use admins for this, so I've made an extra ou=servers that is used for
this purpose, something I'd like to se be extended to Ispman in general.

Tarjei