List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] SSL mailhosts
From:       Tony Wasson <wasson3 () azxws ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 23:11:05

Quoting Justin Albstmeijer <justin@VLAMea.nl>:

> >> If you do not want to use a different ip for every domain's webmail, you
> >> should use a "isp" domainname as webmail url.
> >> mail.ispdomain.com
> >> You could create a mail.domain.com http url for every domain, that
> >> redirects to https mail.ispdomain.com.
> >
> > Yes, but how can I then bring on to Horde knowledge of the users domain?
>
> Ok so you do not want the user to have to login with the full user_domain
> account?
>
> You would like horde to append the domain it self to the account (you have
> custom patches for that?)?
>
> Then create domain.ispdomain.com virtual hosts for every domain  sharing 1
> wildcard ssl certificate? (*.ispdomain.com)

I'd recommend installing and using perdition. Under perdition, your users can
login with their email address. I imagined it was going to be a huge ordeal, but
was surprisingly simple. This can work on the same box as mail server if you're
limited by gear (who isn't?).

I have been training our users like so:

   Whatever you need, use: mail.yourdomain.com (IMAP/POP/SMTP, webmail)

Apache redirects all mail.* to https://webmail.ourdomain.net