List:       isp-bgp
Subject:    [isp-bgp] 1. Re: How to properly utilize backup link in multi-homed setup?
From:       FeatureBug <featurebug () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-12-14 6:35:22

> > thing.  We're using Foundry routers and their
> algorithm is to prefer
> > IGP over EGP, opposite of Cisco's "administrative
> distance" factor
> > which treats IGP as a much lower preference to
> EGP.  So in my case,
> > once the router determines that both hops are
> usable, local
> > preference is the same and AS path length is the
> same, it should then choose IGP according to their
docs but seems to be going with  EGP instead.

Hello
The BGP route preference algorithm  prefers
Administrative cost over ORIGIN. The IGP and EGP are
part of three ORIGIN type codes, the third being
"UNKNOWN". So maybe the EGP path has lower Admin cost
which makes it more preferred over the ORIGIN type of
IGP..
Rgrds

Rahul Sawarkar

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

_______________  The ISP-BGP Discussion List  ______________
To Join: mailto:join-isp-bgp@isp-bgp.com
To Remove: mailto:remove-isp-bgp@isp-bgp.com
Archives: http://isp-lists.isp-planet.com/isp-bgp/archives/
Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016

Copyright 2004 Jupitermedia Corporation All Rights Reserved.