List:       isp-bgp
Subject:    Re:[isp-bgp] loadbalancing vs load sharing et al
From:       FeatureBug <featurebug () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-12-14 6:01:03

Subject: Re: isp-bgp digest: December 07, 2004
From: "Ejay Hire" <ejayhire@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:27:55 -0600

Ejay: While it mighthave been possible at one point in
the past to do this manually, it's unrealistic in
today's world of 150k routes.  I load share ds-3's
between 3 different providers.  Using this method
would take weeks..

YES I agree it is impractical. I was doing freform
thinking as I typed .. :).
But hey maybe we can match all prefixes AS_SEQUENCE
ending in ASN^ to weed out routes local to AS'es? Or a
combination of partial (ISP specific), and default
routes might make it manageable..
Ejay:This is incorrect.  As-prepending can be done
inbound or outbound on ebgp connections on cisco
routers.  I do it all the time.  I prefer localpref to
weight, as it is as-wide.  weight is only within 1
router, and
misconfiguration can cause routing loops.
Well  didn't know that was possible. How do you do it?
route-maps?

Best Regards
Rahul S

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

_______________  The ISP-BGP Discussion List  ______________
To Join: mailto:join-isp-bgp@isp-bgp.com
To Remove: mailto:remove-isp-bgp@isp-bgp.com
Archives: http://isp-lists.isp-planet.com/isp-bgp/archives/
Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016

Copyright 2004 Jupitermedia Corporation All Rights Reserved.