List:       ipng
Subject:    (IPng 6088) jumbogram implementations
From:       Steve Deering <deering () cisco ! com>
Date:       1998-07-29 14:53:17

Has there been more than one implementation of the IPv6 Jumbo Payload
option, and if so, have different implementations been shown to
interoperate?

This question arises as part of the IESG's deliberations about advancing
the IPv6 spec to Draft Standard.  If there haven't been multiple,
interoperable implementations of jumbograms, we'll probably have to move
that feature into a separate spec, e.g., an Experimental status RFC,
in order to allow the base IPv6 to advance.  Please let me know as soon
as possible if there has been successful jumbogram interoperability.

Steve