List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: [IPv6] Comments on draft-ietf-6man-hbh-processing-12
From:       Geoff Huston <gih () apnic ! net>
Date:       2023-11-30 22:29:43

The proliferation of active middleware is a real problem these days (no wonder QUIC \
took the decision to obscure every part of its UDP payload). I don't know why Linode \
is going down the path of active interference in outgoing packets. I strongly suspect \
that its dropping outbound fragmented IPv6 packets from its US pops as well as \
outbound EH frag and inconsistent ICMP6 behaviours. I wonder if there is any simple \
hosting providers left that are just that - simple.

Geoff