List:       ipfire-development
Subject:    Re: Enable tools for IPv6
From:       Michael Tremer <michael.tremer () ipfire ! org>
Date:       2015-08-07 12:59:58

On Wed, 2015-08-05 at 23:51 +0200, Larsen wrote:
> > > /etc/sysconfig/modules
> >
> > I have no idea why all these modules need to be loaded manually.
> > The
> > respective tools like ip6tables, strongswan and so on will do that
> > when
> > needed.
>
> Me neither. The documentation stems from a forum thread where this
> was
> specified.
>

> > > /etc/sysctl.conf
> >
> > It is probably better to create /etc/sysctl.d and then have a file
> > in
> > that directory that overwrites the default settings in
> > /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> Thx, will change this and the other points you mentioned.

I guess for this we will need to change the initscripts. It should be
an easy change and we will gain the advantage that we can drop in any
sort of configuration file without overwriting anything. This is also
handy for any add-ons that need to change any of the sysctl settings.
There was no need for this feature yet, but we have it in IPFire 3 and
are using it quite often.

-Michael