List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Machine running IP filter get unresponsive after few hours
From:       "askarali () ptcl ! net" <askarali () ptcl ! net>
Date:       2009-11-26 4:18:41

Hi List,

Yesterday I have configured a IP filter ruleset on Solaris 10, all
day machine was working fine but at night our monitoring system start sending
problem alerts for the machine running IP filter and when i tries to ssh the
machine from one of the ALLOWED host it do not let me in.

I'll greatly
appreciate any help in this regard.

Here are the rules which i have used in
/etc/ipf/ipf.conf

# block all inbound packets.
#
block in from any to any
#
#
pass through packets to and from localhost.
#
pass in from 127.0.0.1/32 to
127.0.0.1/32
#
# allow a variety of individual Truested hosts to send any type
of IP packet to any
# other host.
#
pass in quick from xxx.xx.xx.xxx/32 to any
keep state
pass in quick from xxx.xx.xx.xxx/32 to any keep state
#
# Allow all
ICMP
pass in proto icmp from any to any

# Allow all Radius
pass in quick proto
udp from any to any port = 1812
pass in quick proto udp from any to any port =
1813

# Allow FTP to collect CDRs
pass in quick proto tcp from 10.254.160.0/24
to any port = 20   keep state
pass in quick proto tcp from 10.254.160.0/24 to
any port = 21 keep state
#
# Allow out all from this machine
pass out quick
from any to any keep state

The only thing which was working but was also not
perfect was ICMP and Radius ports, there was too much delay in ICMP.

Thanks.