List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ipnat and tftp
From:       "Penelope & Dave Kerr" <dpkerr () kerr ! net ! au>
Date:       2006-11-16 7:13:20

Hi,

I need some help with how to setup NAT from a tftp client
(on a SIP box), through a Solaris (9) Server running
IPFilter to the internet.

"Keep State" is not effective because the remote tftp server
responds using an arbitrary port, so the firewall rejects
the packet and even if I allow the packet through, IPNat
does not seem to know what to do with it.

Perhaps there is some way to make it work with RDR? I've
searched the archives/internet and cannot find much at all
on this topic (that is, tftp through IPNat).

If necessary, the address of the SIP box can be fixed and
the remote server is reasonably constant. All I need is for
TFTP to work from time to time so the SIP box can update its
firmware and configuration.

Many thanks,

Dave Kerr