List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] usbserial
From:       Mauro Condarelli <MC5686 () mclink ! it>
Date:       2007-10-31 13:32:17

Hi,
two things:

I discovered a couple of errors in the scripts I sent You.
As a result the disconnection was not handled in the right way.

In /etc/rc.d/rc.red in the sub dousbserialdial You should have:
..
        push (@pppcommand, ('lock', 'modem', 'crtscts', $device,
                $pppsettings{'DTERATE'}, 'noipdefault',
                'defaultroute', 'user', $pppsettings{'USERNAME'},
                'maxfail', $pppsettings{'MAXRETRIES'},
                'connect', '/etc/ppp/usbserialdialer',
                'disconnect', '/etc/ppp/usbserialcleanup'));
..
(old version was missing the complete path)

And in /etc/ppp/usbserialcleanup You should have:
..
my $com = "/usr/sbin/chat -v -r /var/log/connect.log                    \
        TIMEOUT                 3                                       \
        ''                      '\\rAT'                                 \
        'OK-+++\\c-OK-AT-OK'    'ATH0'                                  \
        OK                      'at+zoprt=6'";
..
(notice the second AT-OK. It is necessary after the command escape "+++")

Please fix before releasing 1.4.17.

Second thing is I learned it would be much better to use the new "airprime" kernel module.
Problem seems to be the buffer length for hi-speed connections.
The actual fixes are two:
Patch usbserial to add a parameter to set the buffer length.
Patch airprime to recognize the M1HS (it doesn't support giving VID/PID).

Let me know...

Regards
Mauro