List:       intermezzo-devel
Subject:    Intersync 0.9.4
From:       Robert Read <rread () computer ! org>
Date:       2002-05-14 17:12:52

As some of you noticed, we released intersync 0.9.4 late last week. This is
an interim bug fix release, but there are still known bugs, and this is not
yet production ready.  Issues covered:

* Concurrent modifications on client and server: this should no longer crash
intersync.  It is not perfect because errors may be returned to the user
process if the permit can not be retrieved fast enough. This is a known bug
and will be addressed soon.

* When a client detects a disconnection from the server, it will attempt to
reconnect and resynchronize.  This works for simple cases, but there some
cases that are not detected.  These will also be addressed soon.

* various fixes to branch support

* new option for specifying local ip

robert