List:       intermezzo-devel
Subject:    Re: repetable crash
From:       Pascal Lengard <pascal.lengard () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-05-14 15:25:44

Hi,
It's me again.

My problem *looks* solved so I post here to explain to the list:
after some exchange with Robert, it appears that the problem was
rather linked to the token ring adapter driver.

I don't know why, but since I removed the "wake on lan" wire from
the token adapter intermezzo seems to run flawlessly.

What make me discover this is that although intersync uses eth0,
as soon as I added trafic on tr0 the intermezzo on node2 crashed.
After crash, network is still ok (both networks: ethernet and token ring).
in fact only intermezzo crashed.

In the process of exchanging token cards for ethernet ones, I found
that only node2 had a wake on lan cable linking the token adapter
to the motherboard, I unplugged it and VOILA problem gone.

Robert, there may be a special interaction between wake on lan
and intermezzo, but I won't use WOL so I can live without this wire.
I guess it's rather a token ring driver problem.

Thanks for your Help.

Pascal