List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    CRITICAL EMERGENCY: rebooted system and now cannot bring up Cyrus
From:       Rob Tanner <rtanner () cheshiresgrin ! net>
Date:       2006-02-28 23:45:35

Hi,

I had to reboot the mail server and fsck the mail partition (280GB,
156GB of mail), and when I tried to bring up Cyrus, I get the following
error:

Feb 28 15:06:57 belgarath master[2702]: setrlimit: Unable to set file
descriptors limit to -1: Operation not permitted

This is the production mail server and was working fine up to the reboot
(not a system crash).  It's critical I get this up since it is the
primary mail server for the institution.  Any idea what might be going on?

(Thank God I can access my home server from campus or I couldn't even
post this)

Thanks,
Rob

--