List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: ORBS and other blacklists
From:       Steve VanDevender <stevev () efn ! org>
Date:       1999-05-28 21:59:51

Dennis writes:
 > At 12:59 PM 5/28/99 -0700, brian moore wrote:
 > >On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 12:18:45PM -0700, Steve VanDevender wrote:
 > >> Dennis writes:
 > >>  >
 > >>  > I'd rather screw the people that subcribe to things like orb...its a
 > very
 > >>  > dangerous precedent. What if some big provider decided not to route
 > packets
 > >>  > to  your network because they didnt like your politics, or because
 > one of
 > >>  > your customers was the kkk or something (anything) else that they
 > objected
 > >>  > to. It shouldnt be allowed at any level.
 > >>
 > >> Here you imply it's not OK for someone else to decide not to
 > >> exchange traffic with you, and in fact that no one should be
 > >> allowed to do such a thing.
 > >>
 > >> Did you actually think about any of this before you wrote either
 > >> of those messages?
 >
 > thats exactly what I said. You are not "individuals", you are service
 > providers. Its should not be ok for service providers to make such
 > decisions. If it is, then you should be regulated because the internet is
 > too important to be run by a bunch of vigilante computer geeks.

You said that you would make a decision, as a business owner, to
change your shipping router configurations to deny access to
certain sites.  So, again, why is it OK for you to make a
decision on behalf of your customers but not OK for another
business to make decisions on behalf of its customers?

If you can, give us an answer that shows you can think your way
out of a paper bag.

 > >No, consistency is a 'dangerous precedent' for Dennis.

Dennis has amazing consistency.  He's very consistently wrong.
-