List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Another Win32 worm?
From:       Drew Linsalata <drew () gothambus ! com>
Date:       2001-11-18 0:28:16

OK, so this turned out not to be a new worm after all, just a machine that
was left unpatched that wound up getting slammed and really saturating our
network.  The machine should not even have been attached to the network.  It
was more of a human error than anything else, although the offending machine
did manage to cause some problems with neighboring Win32 based servers.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Drew Linsalata
The Gotham Bus Company
Internet Server and Carrier Neutral Co-Location
http://www.gothambus.com

-