List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: totalnic.net domains outage + registrar tips wanted
From:       "RAR" <RAR () syssrc ! com>
Date:       2001-11-17 23:07:34

We have signed up as on OPENSRS reseller and it has been nearly perfect.

Bob Roswell
broswell@syssrc.com
System Source
338 Clubhouse Road
Hunt Valley,  MD 21031
(410) 771-5544 ext 336

>>> anders@fix.no 11/17/01 01:34PM >>>
Hello,

8 .com/.net/.org domains served by my company started disappearing from
the GTLD nameservers on friday around 10:00 CET, and soon after they've
all or mostly disappeared completely. All of them are registered through
totalnic.net. Anybody else suffering from these problems?

I suppose moving to another registrar is a good idea, but perhaps not at
this time if they can get it fixed in a short time or something. Sigh.

Anyhow, what registrars do you guys prefer/use? I used to like NSI cause
of their PGP authentication for domain changes. But I'm getting a little
unhappy about too much e-mail spam coming from them. And it seems they
don't support PGP anymore, my mail based updates are rejected with a
reference to a web page. :( Some friends have recommended EasyDNS, a
OpenSRS reseller, and they seem OK to me. What I want is secondary DNS &
MX services, and easy & secure administration of domain registrations.
And a reasonable price of course, but service quality is more important.

Cheers,

--
Anders.
-