List:       imap
Subject:    Re: [Imap-use] deleted messages are reappearing
From:       Mark Crispin <MRC () cac ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2007-10-12 1:05:50

Please try imap-2006k.  It will probably work better for you.

Are you using traditional UNIX mailbox format (the flat file format in
which the files start with "From ")?  If so, are you aware that only one
session at a time is permitted to a mailbox in that format, and that flags
are not saved until the next checkpoint (expunge, check, close, or proper
logout)?

If the client opens multiple sessions to the same traditional UNIX format
mailbox, and/or disconnects without issuing a proper logout, there is a
possibility that flags will not be saved.  imap-2006j2 may be particularly
troublesome, as its signal handler was rewritten to deal with a change in
glibc.  imap-2006k has another rewrite which should improve things.

I recommend that you consider an upgrade to the new mix format in the
imap-2006 series, or the mbx format (which was also in imap-2004g).  Both
mbx and mix are immune to this problem.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Leonhard Maylein wrote:
> After migrating from imap-2004g to imap-2006j2
> some of our users experienced deleted messages reappearing
> in their inbox.
> We are using the imapd and thunderbird 2.x.
> Deleted messages are moved to the trash folder.
>
> With imap-2004g we don't have this problem.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.