List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    [magick-users] Install Problem
From:       J P <yojimbo311 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-05-05 21:01:26

Hi all,

I've been somewhat stuck trying to install imagemagick
on a Mac OS 10.2.8 server.  I need to enable JPEG
support.  I've tried installing the jpeg-6b libraries
and everything looks fine but I get the following
failure from the configure script:

checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... no
checking for JPEG library is version 6b or later...
yes
yes
checking if JPEG package is complete... no -- some
components failed test

I've also tried to install the jpeg-6b libraries with
--enable-sharing but it generates a makefile pointing
to ./libtool with doesn't exist.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this working?  It's
a rush project so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
Jim Powell