List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] Multiple composite commands
From:       Anthony Thyssen <anthony () griffith ! edu ! au>
Date:       2004-05-05 5:35:29

Alastair Jepps on  wrote...
| Hello,
| I am using imagemajck via coldfusion command line interface.
| I have two process' that run one after the other, positioning images on top
| of a base image.
|
| Each individually works fine, however when run conjuctively the second
| composite process doesn't run.
|
| Heres the code:
|
|  <cfexecute name="/app/apache/imagemagick/bin/composite"
|  arguments="-gravity South -quality 100
| #Request.Application.pathtotheserverroot##Request.Application.websitepath#/f
| urniture/positionaltext.gif
| #Request.Application.pathtotheserverroot##Request.Application.mediadir#/img/
| #fobjectid#_#i#.jpg
| #Request.Application.pathtotheserverroot##Request.Application.mediadir#/img/
| #fobjectid#_#i#.jpg" outputfile="" timeout="10">
| </cfexecute>
|
| <cfexecute name="/app/apache/imagemagick/bin/composite"
|  arguments="-gravity Center -geometry +0+30 -quality 100
| #Request.Application.pathtotheserverroot##Request.Application.websitepath#/f
| urniture/copyright.gif
| #Request.Application.pathtotheserverroot##Request.Application.mediadir#/img/
| #fobjectid#_#i#.jpg
| #Request.Application.pathtotheserverroot##Request.Application.mediadir#/img/
| #fobjectid#_#i#.jpg" outputfile="" timeout="10">
| </cfexecute>
|
| Any ideas why this happens?
| Imagemagick 5.5.7/Solaris

I don't know why this happenes, but if you upgrade to IM verion 6
and check to make sure any other scripts are working, then you can
actually do both compose operations in the one "convert" command..

EG:
    convert  background_image  \
                overlay_image1  {options}  -compose over \
                overlay_image2  {options}  -compose over \
                   output_image_file

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
  ``In the beginning their was darkness, and the darkness was without form
    and void.   And in addition to the darkness their was also me!  And I
    moved upon the face of the darkness, and I saw that I was alone...''
  ``Hey... bomb...''
  ``Let their be light ...''        -- Classic SciFi Movie ``DarkStar'', 1974