List:       imagemagick
Subject:    Re: Error while executing make
From:       Christian Arlt <arlt () physiology ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2000-08-09 16:24:51

I have the same problem on an SUN Solaris 2.6. But on a SGI Irix 6.4
this problems do not happen.
I am sorry i dont know whats wrong but maybe this hint can help some
developers.

Christian

Alexander Bohndorf wrote:

  Hi!

  I've tried to install ImageMagick 5.2.2 on a Suse 6.3-Linux System
  (Pentium) in order to get PerlMagick to work.
  I've downloaded the tgz, put it into /usr/local (as user root),
  then
  gunzip ...
  tar -xvf ...
  cd ImageMagick-5.2.2
  ./configure (works well)
  make

  Then I got the following errors:

  jpeg.c: In function `EmitMessage':
  jpeg.c:193: structure has no member named `client_data'
  jpeg.c: In function `ReadComment':
  jpeg.c:269: structure has no member named `client_data'
  jpeg.c: In function `ReadGenericProfile':
  jpeg.c:306: structure has no member named `client_data'
  jpeg.c: In function `ReadICCProfile':
  jpeg.c:380: structure has no member named `client_data'
  jpeg.c: In function `ReadIPTCProfile':
  jpeg.c:468: structure has no member named `client_data'
  jpeg.c: In function `ReadJPEGImage':
  jpeg.c:590: structure has no member named `client_data'
  jpeg.c: In function `JPEGWarningHandler':
  jpeg.c:915: structure has no member named `client_data'
  make[1]: *** [jpeg.lo] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ImageMagick-5.2.2/coders'
  make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

  What can I do to avoid this error?

  Thanks for any help!

  Best regards,