List:       imagemagick
Subject:    problem compiling ImageMagick 5.1.1 on NT
From:       Chris Friesen <cfriesen () home ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 17:20:17

I downloaded VisualMagick 5.1.1 and tried to compile the static version of the
workspace using MSVC++ 6.

Everything seemed to go okay, until it was compiling IMagick.  When compiling a
bunch of the files for Imagick it wanted to use a header file called
xlib\X11\Xproto.h.

On line 81 of that header file it tries to include <X11/Xmd.h> and
<X11/Xprotostr.h>.  Huh?  This is for a windows system, so why is it looking for
X11 stuff?  Needless to say, I don't have these files.

Anyways, this causes fatal errors and throws off the rest of the compile as the
Imagick .lib file does not get created.

Anyone else run into this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Chris