List:       ietf-saag
Subject:    [saag] RADEXT report for IETF 119
From:       "Valery Smyslov" <valery () smyslov ! net>
Date:       2024-03-21 20:13:33

RADEXT WG met on Wednesday.

Since IETF 118:

1. draft-ietf-radext-tls-psk (RADIUS and TLS-PSK) has been sent to the IESG.
2. draft-ietf-radext-radiusv11 (RADIUS ALPN and removing MD5) is ready to be sent to \
the IESG, we will request its publication shortly after the meeting  3. \
draft-ietf-radext-status-realm (Status-Realm and Loop Prevention for the Remote \
Dial-In User Service (RADIUS)) is adopted as WG document

At the meeting we discussed open issues with draft-ietf-radext-radiusdtls-bis \
((Datagram) Transport Layer Security (D)TLS Encryption for RADIUS). The draft \
receives some discussion in the ML, but needs more review. It was decided to \
distribute the draft in the UTA WG soliciting for reviews (done).

We also discussed the progress with draft-ietf-radext-reverse-coa (Reverse CoA in \
RADIUS) and draft-ietf-radext-deprecating-radius (Deprecating Insecure Practices in \
RADIUS) drafts. Both are mostly ready for WGLC (minor updates are needed).

We had two presentations related to non-WG documents:
1. WBA OpenRoaming Wireless Federation (draft-tomas-openroaming) presented a work \
made in WBA for OpenRoaming. The WG decided that the RADEXT WG is not a right home \
for this draft, but the WG is ready to review it. 2. RADIUS Attributes for 3GPP 5G \
AKA Authentication Method (draft-gundavelli-radext-5g-auth) requests for a set on new \
RADIUS attributes related to 5G-AKA. The draft is non-controversial and doesn't \
change RADIUS.

Margaret & Valery.