List:       icu
Subject:    ICU4C proposal: Add u_feof()
From:       George Rhoten <grhoten () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-04-16 20:35:05

Summary

I'd like to propose adding u_feof() to icuio.  This mirrors the feof that
comes with stdio.

Background

There isn't much to this proposal.  I just want to be able to see if the
end of the file has been reached without depending on the return values of
some functions.  I'm sure other people will want this too.

/**
 * Tests if the UFILE is at the end of the file stream.
 * @param f The UFILE from which to read.
 * @return Returns TRUE after the first read operation that attempts to
 * read past the end of the file. It returns FALSE if the current position
is
 * not end of file.
 * @draft
*/
U_CAPI UBool U_EXPORT2
u_feof(UFILE  *f);

Deadline for comments: April 23, 2004

George Rhoten
IBM Globalization Center of Competency/ICU  San José, CA, USA
ICU main website: http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/index.html