List:       hylafax
Subject:    flexfax: Error-Message and Problems with Faxqueue
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?Q?Steinkr=FCger?= <steinkrueger () oberberg-online ! de>
Date:       1999-03-29 13:45:16

Morning,

i have some problems with my Hylafax 40pl2 Debian Distribution.
There are two Modems connected on ttyS0 and ttyS1. After starting up
the server the modems are added via "faxmodem ttyS0" and faxmodem
"ttyS1".
Additionaly a "faxgetty ttyS1" is executed to recieve faxes.

Problem:
I want the two Modems to send at the same time, but the jobs are
blocking each other
because of the queuer only using ttyS0.
I changed the state of ttyS0 to "down" via faxstate and after sending
another job ttyS1
sends them out.

---

I checked Man-Pages and FAQ and found the ModemCLass Parameter. I added
the following to /var/spool/fax/etc/config:

ModemClass:		"any:.*"

i also tried:

ModemClass:		"abc:ttyS[01]"

but nothing works. It seems like the queuer even doesnt read the file at
all: I added some bullshit
and no error message is displayed in the logs :-((.

Another possibility mentioned in the manpages is the use of "faxconfig".

If i execute the command: "faxconfig ServerTracing=" for example i get:

dev_FIFO: open: no such file or directory.

Please help me out.

Philipp Steinkrueger