List:       hylafax
Subject:    SUMMARY: Hylafax testing
From:       Owen Sullivan <owen () aldiscon ! ie>
Date:       1996-07-31 10:18:58

Thanks for the replies Viet, Phil and Sam.  I redefined SendFaxCmd to be a
script for testing, which worked great.  Here is the summary for the archives.

Question:
    However, I only have a couple modems.  Is there a way to test without
    actually sending the faxes?  Ideally I would be able to send faxes down a
    pipe into a bit bucket, rather than to a fax modem.  Or perhaps this test
    doesn't make any sense?  Any comments or suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

Answers:
You can replace the faxsend program with a program/script that returns
exit code 2 (man faxsend(1M)).  Under v4.0 this can be done by redefining
the SendFaxCmd config parameter; I can't recall if this parameter also
exists in v3.0.
              -----------------------------------
- use DestControls to block the jobs going to certain phone numbers,
  the jobs will get queued up for you to review but will not be sent,
  you can cancel those jobs when you've checked them out.

- use one modem to send to the other one
I'm using 4.0 beta. I defined the faxsend command (SendFaxCmd in
etc/config) to be a script which inspects the destination fax number,
and then either execs the usual hylafax faxsend program, or in certain
special cases (like if it's my own fax no.) simply routes the tiff to
me as MIME e-mail.

| Aldiscon Ltd.,     | Owen Sullivan              |
| Hambleden House,   | owen@aldiscon.ie           |
| Lwr. Pembroke St., | Ph.: +353.1.6053144        |
| Dublin 2, Ireland. | Fax: +353.1.6769430        |