List:       hylafax
Subject:    Problems receiving with Netcomm SmartModem
From:       Ursus Computing <ursus () magna ! com ! au>
Date:       1996-07-31 9:14:57

I love HylaFax but ....

Does anyone have any experience with HylaFAX 3.0 and a Netcomm
SmartModem v8 (SM7720)? I have no trouble sending faxes but have not
been able to receive one successfully. Regardless of the sender Hylafax
claims that all the lines are bad. I am running Linux 1.2.13.

I have kept this message brief in the interests of bandwidth, if anybody
can help I am more than happy to provide more information (trace, config
etc..).

Thanks! :)

Alison Boyce
Systems Administrator