List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: DID support for HylaFax?
From:       "J.T. Conklin" <jtc () cygnus ! com>
Date:       1995-07-31 18:14:38

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Bloom <daveo@zip.sbi.com> writes:
Dave> For the past 4 years my Company has been using SirenFax
Dave> (previously CorporateFax, which I believe was based on an early
Dave> version of FlexFax),

To correct the record, SirenFax/CorporateFax was based on UniFAX and
had nothing to do with FlexFax.  I should know, as I was one of the
original authors of UniFAX.

After I was laid off from Computer Signal (CorporateFax), I swore
never to touch fax software again.  But here I am, almost 4 years
later and I've started to play with Hylafax.  I'm very impressed.
Hylafax has evolved into a very capable fax subsystem.

I'd have no hesitation recommending Hylafax to a business.  The only
features I miss is a high speed ascii to fax translator (ascii ->
postscript -> fax is considerably slower, especially for large doc-
uments) and some of the fax to printer translators.

I've been tempted to reimplement them, but I can't think of a time
when I would have enough time to be able to.

	--jtc