List:       hylafax
Subject:    Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax-7.0.2 & libfaxutil.so.7.0.1
From:       "Gregory P. Ennis" <PoMec () PoMec ! Net>
Date:       2020-09-05 0:09:03

Everyone,

I recently compiled hylafax-7.0.2 on a raspberry pi4 and connected
three usb modems to it.  This has been a great set up.

The only problem I have had that I could not resolve is that it will
not accept text files for faxing.

I get the following errors :
textfmt: error while loading shared libraries: libfaxutil.so.7.0.1:

I did an internet search and could not locate libfaxutil.so.7.0.1
Is this a bug or did I do something wrong during the compile process.

I can create  a *.ps file of the text files before I give them to
hylafax+, but I would surely like to fix this.

Thank you for your help!!!!

Greg Ennis

I forgot to mention that libfaxutil.so.7.0.2 was located in
/usr/local/lib/libfaxutil.so.7.0.2

Greg

After some additional trial and error I identified that when I transfer
the file to the raspberry Pi4 with Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" with
5.4.51-v7l+ kernel the problem with libfaxutil.so.7.0.1 is gone, but I
get another error message telling me that :

/usr/local/sbin/textfmt: No font metric information found for "Courier-
Bold"

The machine I am using as a client is a CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003
which has the latest release of hylafax+ as 7.0.3 which was the rpm
version from the repositories.

Greg