List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: gnupro install problem.
From:       Steve Ellcey <sje () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 15:51:48

The problem is almost certainly the fact that you do not have the file
/opt/langtools/lib/pa20_64/crt0.o on your system.  This is the 64 bit
crt0 file and when gcc couldn't find it it searched for another one and
found the (32 bit) /lib/crt0.o.  Unfortunately,
/opt/langtools/lib/pa20_64/crt0.o is only shipped with the HP compilers,
not with the base HP-UX system.

If you have HP compilers, you should be able to install them and then
GCC will work.  If you don't have the HP compilers, contact me and
I will see if a way can be found to get you the needed crt0 file along
with some other files that are shipped with the HP compiler and needed
by GCC.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com