List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] HP-UX -  Oracle Problem
From:       renee.l.colon () Bakernet ! com
Date:       1997-08-29 17:22:43

     Admins,

     Our drives on an array system went bad and we had to restore an Oracle
     database.

     Problem came when we discovered that our Backup System "CommVault" did
     not backup one of the datafiles.

     We did get the database to startup and shutdown.
     Then the vendor re-added the datafile that was missing.
     Database still starts up and shutsdown.

     Problem: There is a dummy file "MISSING0013" which we used before we
     got the missing datafile put back.

     This file does not exist, but it still shows up in V$DATABASE as the
     following:

     File: 13  Status: Recover   Read Write   Zero bytes  Name: MISSING0013

     I tried to alter database datafile 'MISSING0013' offline drop.
     It said statement processed.

     But that didn't clear it.

     IN V$Recover_file there is record showing this filename.

     I do not want to do any recovery.  I just want to get rid of this
     non-existant file.

     Any ideas?