List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Summary: Unable to shutdown to Single User
From:       DanielD_Lauterbach () atk ! com
Date:       1995-05-31 15:27:33

   Thanks to all who responded to my posting regarding not being
able to shutdown to single user mode.  As it turned out, I solved
the problem by installing patch: PHCO_2373.  The documentation for
this patch did not indicate that it was intended to fix this problem,
but it did.  Apparently, this problem occurred when I recently upgraded
to HP-UX 9.05.  Without your responses I would still be confused and
disgusted.  Thanks again for your quick responses.

   The following is my original posting: