List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] LPR problems
From:       rbeckman () csc_uuxch ! dayton ! csc ! com
Date:       1995-05-31 15:41:22

     Can someone explain to me why HPUX has such a hard time working with
     others LPR programs?

     We are trying to get a IBM mainframe running VPS to LPR printouts to
     our HP machine and every time it opens a connection the HP shuts it
     down.

     We have a PC setup with FTP's PCTCP LPD server and the IBM can print
     to it fine but not to the HP.  The HP can print to the LPD server fine
     and a small Linux box we have can print to the HP fine.

     So why doesn't the HP like the IBM?

     Thanks for listening,
     Rob
     CSC - Apple Valley