List:       hostap
Subject:    Re: DPP Self Configuring a Device
From:       "Schmidt, Wystan W" <Wystan.Schmidt () charter ! com>
Date:       2020-03-30 16:13:29

That did it. Thanks the help

Wystan Schmidt
Charter Communications

On 3/29/20, 2:08 PM, "Jouni Malinen" <j@w1.fi> wrote:

    On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 05:52:52PM +0000, Schmidt, Wystan W wrote:

    > Unfortunately, the debug output with -dd is not much help in this case. See \
below:  >
    > RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len ):
    >      44 50 50 5f 43 4f 4e 46 49 47 55 52 41 54 4f 52   DPP_CONFIGURATOR
    >      5f 41 44 44                                                                \
_ADD  > DPP: Generating a keypair
    > RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(lenH):
    >      44 50 50 5f 43 4f 4e 46 49 47 55 52 41 54 4f 52   DPP_CONFIGURATOR
    >      5f 53 49 47 4e 20 63 6f 6e 66 3d 61 70 2d 64 70   _SIGN conf=ap-dp
    >      70 20 63 6f 6e 66 69 67 75 72 61 74 6f 72 3d 31   p configurator=1
    > DPP: Set configurator parameters:  conf=ap-dpp configurator=1
    > wlan1: DPP: Failed to set configurator parameters
    > CTRL_IFACE monitor send /tmp/wpa_ctrl_3137-77\x00
    >
    > Are you able to recreate the desired output using the current snapshot with the \
configuration file from README-DPP?

    I am, but I also now realized what's going on here after going through
    the parsing function line by line.. I use a testing build
    (CONFIG_TESTING_OPTIONS=y) which has a workaround for some old test
    cases that depended on the behavior for the initial Configurator
    implementation that had a hardcoded default SSID value. That is not
    valid for normal use and the SSID needs to be specified. README-DPP has
    clearly not been updated to take that into account with this
    dpp_configurator_sign case while it was addressed for dpp_auth_init.

    The correct command to use here is this:
    dpp_configurator_sign conf=<ap-dpp|sta-dpp> configurator=<configurator-id> \
ssid=<SSID hexdump>

    For example:
    > dpp_configurator_add
    1> dpp_configurator_sign conf=ap-dpp configurator=1 ssidt657374
    <3>DPP-CONF-RECEIVED
    OK

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the \
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If \
you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been \
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and \
then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, \
you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of \
this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. \