List:       helix-video-dev
Subject:    [Video-dev] Ful-lsite Blitting Questions
From:       "Josh Taylor" <jjtaylor () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-04-17 16:02:01

I have been working on integrating Helix with Panda3D, an open source video
game/simulation engine that was originally developed by Disney. Essentially,
I am trying to send a texture buffer of an arbitrary size (so long as it's a
power of 2) from a texture map within Panda into helix so that it can be
updated each frame. I have successfully accomplished this with the minisite,
however, something is wrong with the mini-site color conversion for me. Even
when I download the source code from CVS and do a clean build with ribosome,
the video comes out all distorted when open a file via splay.

Since the color conversion works in the full-site, I want to try and modify
what I've done for the mini-site; however, I'm not sure where to begin. I've
looked over the Blt routine in basesurface.cpp, and I placed a print
statement at the beginning but its never being executed. Is this the correct
Blt routine for the full-site or should I look elsewhere?

Also, lets say I have a 512x512 UCHAR* buffer that I want to pass down to be
updated and the video is 320x180, will scaling occur automatically to match
the larger size of my texture buffer if I specify a BMI?

Josh