List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    [Open-discuss] Notes from contributor telecon (05/03)
From:       Anand Vaidyanathan <anandv () real ! com>
Date:       2005-05-03 23:31:23

Hi all,
        The notes from the telecon are attached below.  These notes are
posted on the community website.

-- HC.org Team

Teleconference Attendees
------------------------
1. Anand Vaidyanathan (RealNetworks)
2. Kevin Scott (Nokia)
3. Chris Dawsin (Webiphany)
4. Kevin Foreman (RealNetworks)
5. Alan Blaylock (Nokia)
6. Phil Purvis (Nokia)
7. Gowtham Yemme (67kHz, Community Developer on symbian)
8. Rob Lanphier (RealNetworks)
9. Simon Khoo (Nokia)
10. Mike Frazier (RealNetworks)
11. Sherri Kent (RealNetworks)
12. N Venkatraman (Motorola)
13. Haydon Boone (RealNetworks)
14. Milko Boic (RealNetworks)

********************
Topic #1: Site upgrade planning
********************
[Anand] site planning steps will be spec-ed out and posted on roadmap
site
[Robla] we are engaging the folks from gforge to make the process more
streamlined
[Robla] gforge folks are getting a lot of outside contributors so we are
not alone in this

********************
Topic #1: Roadmap process
********************
[Robla] posted a new version of roadmap document yesterday
[Robla] contains a new template for posting roadmap guidelines
[Robla] will make roadmap posting process easier
[Robla] next step -- continue refining the planning doc and when there
is a change make sure it goes into the roadmap template
[Robla] kevinS and robla had discussions on the plan for the roadmap and
the features that went into the roadmap
[KevinF] can we do a summit like meeting where we come together (maybe)
once a year and talk about common stuff
[KevinF] kevinS, are you and robla thinking on similar lines in this?
[KevinS] yes, I think so
[Robla] venkat -- do you have antthing to add
[Venkat] i havent had a chance to review all documents -- but I am in
the process of doing that
[Venkat] if you need me to comment on anything -- let me know
[KevinF] with exciting development in the handset technologies, let us
streamline the process as much as possible -- if we can get every player
to come together -- we can discuss the feature set for future apps
(cayenne 2)
[KevinS] we are in the same mindset as you are
[Haydon] we are in the process of putting together the planning roadmap
[Robla] do you have a target date
[Haydon] milko will have to push this step
[KevinF] milko, haydon -- can you guys tell by friday when you can come
up with the date for roadmap completiion
[Milko] yup
[KevinF] what is the process for getting on this call
[Robla] primarily designed for contributors
[KevinF] is this for clients only?
[Robla] no -- but that's where we have had most contributions so far
[KevinF] is it open for all partners or only open-source partners
[Robla] open to all contributors
[KevinF] ok
[KevinF] i think that's all we have for today -- and lets leave with an
AI for milko and haydon to come up with a date for the roadmap planning
process to be completed by the end of the week -- and talk abt that in
the next confcall

Summary of Action Items
(milko, haydon) come up with the date by which the client roadmap
planning will be completed (just the date not the plan itself) by end of
this week.