List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    [Open-discuss] Time for next telecon?
From:       Rob Lanphier <robla () real ! com>
Date:       2005-04-20 0:55:35

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 12:00 +0530, N Venkatraman-A14580 wrote:
> I am working with Motorola India  and would like to Join this call.  1
> p.m. PDT, will be too late for India.  Could you try and reschedule
> the call from next time, so that we can join this meeting.

Sure, we'd love to have you on the call.  I warned folks in the call
today to pay attention to the mailing list as we'd be negotiating a new
time for the next telecon.  We tentatively set the time for Tuesday, May
3 at 9am PDT.

Does that time work better for you?  By my math, that puts it at 9:30pm
in Bangalore, which is still inconvenient, but not as painful.

The general range to get participation from the bulk RealNetworks folks
is 9am-5pm PDT.  Outside of those hours, Real's participation becomes
pretty sparse (though there may be more flexibility there than I'm
guessing).  Most of the other current participants are in CDT (-5 GMT).

As we get more participants in disparate timezones, we may switch to a
more equitable model of rotating times (e.g. 9am Seattle one week, then
9am Tokyo the next week, then 9am London the next).  However, we're not
quite there yet.

Rob

--
Rob Lanphier, Development Support Manager - RealNetworks
Helix Community: http://helixcommunity.org