List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: gtk_init() command-line args
From:       Michael Gratton <mike () vee ! net>
Date:       2018-05-16 2:13:56

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 7:34 AM, rbd <rbd@soest.hawaii.edu> wrote:
> Can someone point me to an official gtk3 documentation source which
> clearly lists all of the command-line arguments parsed and then
> stripped from argv[] by gtk_init()?

The "Running and debugging GTK+ Applications" document is the only
thing I know of:
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-running.html>. They are
mostly debugging and legacy X11 workarounds, it seems. There are also
similar docs for GLib and GIO, but those don't mess with your argv,
AFAIK.

Of course, you really should be using G[tk]Application, which will call
this for you, and aso provides a structured way of handing command line
arg parsing. ;) Especially since that (IIRC) the plan for GTK+4 is to
remove all GTK-specific command line args anyway.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>