List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    bug: spin button and non-numeric entries in gtk2
From:       Olivier Sessink <olivier () lx ! student ! wau ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-28 9:31:19

Hi,

I use a lot of spinbuttons where it is allowed to have no value at all(so
to have string "" in there). To do so I used to set

	gtk_spin_button_set_numeric(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spin), FALSE);
	gtk_spin_button_set_snap_to_ticks(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spin), FALSE);

I could then use
	gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spin)), "");

to set it empty

but the gtk2 widget does force a 0 value in there... So I guess this is a
bug since I did set the numeric option to FALSE. How can I get the old
behaviour back again? Should I disable some signal?

regards,
	Olivier
--
begin   signature_virus.TXT.vbs
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me