List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: Hide shell from background
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dr=F6ge?= <sebastian () centricular ! com>
Date:       2017-03-31 9:41:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Fri, 2017-03-31 at 02:26 -0700, sielf wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm working with gstreamer pipeline which show video in the main screen of
> device. (e.g. simple imxv4l2 -> imxg2dvideosink)
> The problem is : When I show the video, on the background I can see cursor
> from the main shell and sometimes screen flashes probably because there is
> no activity in the shell.
> How can I disable shell from the screen backside?

That question doesn't have anything to do with GStreamer. You have to
configure the shell accordingly, or use a UI toolkit to do that for you
and embed the videosink inside the UI in one way or another.

By default imxg2dvideosink just draws on the framebuffer, you'll have
to make sure that there's nothing else using the framebuffer in ways
you don't want.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd  · http://www.centricular.com