List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    [gst-devel] Gstreamer-generated mpg2ts not read with vlc
From:       Albert Costa <costa_albert () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2009-07-31 9:28:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi All,
I am producing some mpeg2 ts files with gstreamer that I would like to see with VLC \
(first with local files, then using streaming). I have following pipeline:
gst-launch ksvideosrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! ffmux_mpegts ! filesink \
location=myfile.mpg

I'm able to read the file in gstreamer using filesrc ! ffdemux_mpegts ! \
ffdec_mpeg2video ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink I'm able to read the file in \
windows media player. But... VLC can't display the file. It gets the good \
width&height, framerate, and displays a frame with good dimensions, but the content \
is just all black.  Is there something in the encoding or muxing that is not standard \
in gstreamer plugins (I'm running gstreamer winbuilds v0.10.4 on XP) ?

Regards,
Al